Keeping an aquarium is a popular hobby among people of all ages and backgrounds. If you have an aquarium lover in your life, you may be wondering what you can give as a gift.
Whether they’re new to the hobby or an experienced keeper who has everything, there is a perfect gift for everyone.
Here are 25 of the best gifts for aquarium lovers…
Aqueon Aquarium Algae Cleaning Magnets
- Magnet makes it easy to clean the inside of the aquariums from the outside
- Scrubber falls straight down if separated from magnet for easy retrieval
Algae growth can be a problem in any aquarium; it’s just a natural part of the aquarium hobby. There are lots of algae scrapes on the market, but magnetic algae scrapers are becoming more popular.
Hand-held algae scrapers take a lot of scrubbing and work. They also can’t get into crevices around filters, rocks, and pumps.
Magnetic algae scrapers ease the process of cleaning algae from your aquarium. The handle stays on the outside of the tank and the scraper uses magnets to attract the scraper pad inside the tank. It makes it easy to clean crevices without having to reach into the tank and scrub.
The Aqueon Aquarium Algae Cleaning Magnets make cleaning your aquarium quick and easy.
Marine Gourmet Defroster Pro
- For Fresh and Saltwater Fish | For Frozen, Pellet, Flake or Freeze Dried Food
- Adjustable Release Settings
- Reduces Waste and Maintains Water Quality
Aquarium fish love frozen foods but thawing out frozen fish food can be time-consuming. This Marine Gourmet Defroster makes thawing out frozen foods simple. It is designed to attach right to the tank glass by a magnet.
Put a piece of frozen food in the container and then it is slowly released into the tank water. This allows fish to eat the food before it can affect water quality.
This is a great gift for any aquarium type and any aquarium lover.
Two Little Fishies Feeding Ring
- Easily keep fish food localized for less waste
- Great for Fresh & Saltwater tanks
- Convenient worry-free feeding for healthy fish
- Ring helps prevent floating foods from going to the overflows
If you’re feeding your fish floating pellets or flakes you know that they can get mushy fast and affect your sump and water quality. The Two Little Fishies Magnetic Feeder Ring holds foods at the water surface for easier feeding.
The food is held in the ring and keeps the foods drier which also ensures they hold onto essential ingredients instead of dissolving.
Jebao Auto Dosing Pump
- Model :DP-4, Idea for Dosing CA / MG / AB Water or other liquid
- 4 Channel Dosing Pump
If your aquarium lover keeps a reef tank, they have to add elements like calcium and iodine to it to keep the corals healthy.
Keeping stable water chemistry in this type of tank requires consistency. The supplements usually need to be dosed daily or weekly. This can be time-consuming and if you forget, your corals won’t survive.
The Jebao Auto Dosing Pump takes care of this task for you. This pump is programmable and can add up to four elements to your tank. You can also customize the amount for each element and how often they dose so you can get just the right amount of supplement.
This can also be used for freshwater aquariums to dose carbon, iron, or fertilizer for plants. This pump works on any size aquarium and is perfect for anyone with a reef aquarium or freshwater aquarium with plants.
Dosing Pump Reservoirs
- lear acryli made 3.8mm thick
- 3 storage rooms, 4.5 liters
- Capability : 1500mL/each room
- Scale mark
A perfect gift to pair with the dosing pump is a dosing pump reservoir. These Marinecolor Acryli dosing pump reservoirs can hold up to 4.5 liters of whatever supplement you need.
These clear reservoirs make it easy to see how much is left in the reservoir. They usually last weeks before refills are needed.
The reservoirs also come with built-in hoses to make them simple to attach to your dosing pump. They are also easy to place when dosing multiple solutions.
Tetra Aquarium Test Strips
- COMPLETE TESTING Regularly testing your water levels is critical to the success of your aquarium
- 6 DIFFERENT TESTS WITH 1 STRIP Just one test monitors nitrates nitrites water hardness chlorine alkalinity and pH levels
- VERSATILE Can be used in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums
Any fish tank lover knows that for the health of your aquarium, good water quality is key. Poor water quality leads to sick fish. Testing the water lets you know the condition of the tank water.
Tetra Aquarium Test Strips completely test freshwater tanks for key elements such as ammonia, nitrates, PH, water hardness, chlorine, and more. These strips are simple to use, just dip them into your tank water and compare the colors to the color chart.
This aquarium gift idea is great for any fish lover looking to keep their tank happy and healthy.
Salinity Refractometer for Marine Aquariums
- Measure salt water or salinity of water, ideal for aquariums and marine monitoring.
- Measures on 2 scales, Specific Gravity (D 20/20) and parts per thousand.
If your fish-loving friend or a family member has a saltwater tank, they need to constantly dissolve marine salts into the water to create the proper environment for their fish. The best way to check that you have the proper salinity in your tank is to use a salinity refractometer.
This Salinity Refractometer makes it simple to test your water conditions. Place a drop of water onto the refractometer and read the meter for the salt concentration in your tank. This piece of equipment takes the guessing out of the situation.
Keeping the proper salt content keeps your corals and fish healthy. Every saltwater aquarium lover should have a salinity refractometer.
LED Biocube Aquarium
- Programmable hinge top hood with 24-hour timer loaded with bright white, blue and color enhancing LEDs
- Features 30-minute gradual sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset timer
The Coralife LED Biocube is all any fish lover would need. If they’re looking for a new aquarium, this one is an all-in-one, simple option. It comes with a light fixture and filter, so they won’t need to shop for any other accessories. This aquarium is great for a saltwater or freshwater aquarist.
The LED lighting in this aquarium is easily programmable to mimic sunrise and sunset. This aquarium also has a built-in filter system that is easily changed.
The small size of this aquarium makes it perfect for small settings like apartments, classrooms, or even conference rooms.
Current USA LED Light
- Fixture Size: 4
- Fits Aquariums: 48"-6
- Dimensions: 46.8” x 2” x 0.4
- Power: 30 Wat
LED aquarium lights are becoming popular amongst aquarists for their money-saving features. They also don’t fade over time or burn out.
The Current USA LED Light is sleek and programmable with different modes. It can mimic cloud cover, storms, lightning strikes, etc. There is also an evening mode to mimic moonlight and the color of the light can be changed.
This LED light is ideal for growing freshwater plants. If the aquarium needs bright light, you can always buy two.
The light also comes with a remote to adjust features with ease. Mounting is also easy, and this light can fit a wide range of aquarium sizes.
- ENHANCER: Seachem Flourish Advance is an advanced formula contains phytohormones, minerals, and nutrients that dramatically stimulate the growth of both roots and shoots in aquatic plants.
- ADVANCED FORMULA: With regular use, Seachem Flourish Advance enhances mineral absorption and improves disease resistance.
An aquarium with plants can be hard to maintain. They need the essential nutrients and lighting to thrive. When aquatic plants don’t grow properly this is usually because they are lacking essential nutrients like iron or zinc.
Seachem Flourish Tablets will provide your plants with everything they need to grow properly. The tablets contain all the essential nutrients to fertilize plants including:
When the tablets are placed in the substrate near the plant roots, they slow release, and the plants absorb the nutrients through their roots. If the aquarist in your life has an aquarium with plants, this is an ideal gift.
Bubble Magnus Protein Skimmer
- High performance pump included
- Tanks up to 140 gallons
- SP1000 internal pump
Protein skimmers are crucial for reef aquariums. They remove dissolved organic compounds for a healthy reef environment, and also remove algae oils, coral mucus, and more to prevent poor aquarium water quality.
Accumulation of these substances can infect corals and cause fish illness. That’s why the Bubble Magnus Protein Skimmer makes a great gift. This skimmer is designed to fit into the filter sump, has a bubble plate to increase efficiency, and has an easily removable collection cup.
This skimmer can skim reef tanks of 140 gallons or less.
API Test Kit
- Accurately monitors 5 most vital water parameters levels in freshwater aquariums: pH, high range pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate
- Designed for use in freshwater aquariums only
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear
Water quality is key to maintaining any aquarium. Keeping track of odorless elements like ammonia or nitrite is key to aquarium health.
The API Freshwater Test Kit makes checking water quality simple. Just add some of your tank water to the test tubes, add a few drops of reagent and compare to the color chart to check the levels.
While strip testing is simple, liquid test kits like this are more accurate. With this kit, you will be able to test for lower levels of nitrite or ammonia. These two elements are the most common solutions that cause fish illness.
The API Test kit tests for the following water conditions:
- Low-range pH
- High-range pH
The kit comes with color comparisons to make accurate matches to your element levels. The kit also comes with a nice storage case to keep the kit secure and dry.
Any freshwater aquarium owner could benefit from this gift!
Marineland LED Aquarium Kit
- SLEEK DESIGN: Rounded corners and clear glass canopy allow viewing from multiple angles.
- HIDDEN FILTRATION: Advanced, 3-stage filtration is out of sight, enhancing aquarium viewing.
The Marineland LED Aquarium Kit is another great all-in-one aquarium that is an ideal gift for a beginner aquarist or an experienced one looking for a new aquarium. Everything you need including light and filter is included.
Unlike other kits in its range, this aquarium kit is made with strikingly clear glass for a clear view of your fishy friends. This streamlined aquarium kit also has no visible corners and a hidden filter, so you won’t have to hang one onto the back of the tank. This kit also has bio-foam that creates an environment that is balanced for beneficial bacteria.
The Marineland aquarium also has a water pump that can be adjusted for the flow rate necessary for your fish. Its LED lighting system also features white and blue light for your desired settings.
This small 5-gallon aquarium is a great addition to any house, office, or other small space.
FREESEA Automatic Fish Feeder
- Adjustable Feeding Amount: The Automatic Fish Feeder uses an open design. You can add fish food without removing the timer feeder. You only need to gently push the opening at the top to complete. And you can decide how much fish food you want to put in according to the number and size of the fish, and the feeder will automatically rotate 360°for feeding at the time you set.
An automatic fish feeder can be beneficial in lots of situations. If you go on vacation and don’t have an automatic feeder, you have to rely on family or friends to care for your fish even if they don’t know how to. They can easily over-feed your fish and cause poor aquarium conditions.
Avoid all those problems with the FREESEA Automatic Fish Feeder. This feeder comes with both a manual and automatic mode. You can set it for 8, 12, or 24 hours. It also has an open design that makes it easy to add more food without removing the actual feeder. You can also adjust the feeder for the number and size of the fish you have, and it will rotate when it feeds.
This feeder is moisture-proof to prevent blockage. It can be used for powder, flakes, or pellets.
Etekcity Temperature Gun
- EASY GRIP: The durable handle is designed to seamlessly fit in your hand. It's made out of ABS plastic which makes it dependable and easy to clean
A temperature gun is an essential piece of equipment for an aquarist. If you have a tight budget this is a simple gift that anyone will love and use.
Temperature strips work but are less accurate than a temperature gun. The Etekcity Temperature Gun is simple to use. Just point it at the tank, press the trigger and you’ll get an accurate reading.
If you keep fish that need specific water temperature requirements, this device will give you peace of mind.
CaribSea Eco-Complete 20-Pound Planted Aquarium, Black. Premium Pack
If your aquarist friend has the type of aquarium with plants or betta fish, Carib Sea’s Eco Complete Gravel is a great gift.
Eco-Complete has all the nutrients to nourish aquatic plants with the added benefit of beneficial bacteria. Its black color also makes colorful fish appear brighter.
Hygger LED Light
- TWO LIGHTING MODES -- White and blue LED for daylight, blue LED for nightlight.
- SLEEK DESIGN -- Ultra-thin aluminium alloy and plastic shell ensures excellent heat dissipation, while acrylic casing is SPLASH RESISTANT and safe to use. Update version: we do some changes on clip, so it fits for most rim and rimless tank thickness up to 0.9 inch
Aquarium lamps are necessary for just about any aquarium, especially one with plants.
This LED Aquarium Light is powerful and will help your aquarium enthusiast friend to grow lush aquatic plants, whether they have a small or large tank.
This aquarium light has both white and blue spectrum light suitable for freshwater or saltwater tanks.
- Electronic thermostat from 68°F up to 94°F, accurate to ±0.5°F
- AUTO SHUT-OFF circuitry prevents overheating.
- SHATTERPROOF outer casing make the NEO-THERM PRO heaters virtually indestructible.
Heaters are another aquarium detail that is necessary for aquarium health. Heaters also tend to break so having an extra one can’t hurt. If you keep tropical fish, you’ll need a heater to avoid any aquarium casualties.
This Cobalt Heater is great because it is shatterproof and comes in six different strengths to customize to any size aquarium. It can manage temperatures between 68°F and 94°F with an automatic shut-off to prevent overheating.
- Works Well For Use In Freshwater Or Marine Applications
- Highly Porous Sponge Maximizes Bacterial Action
- Increased Surface Area Offers Maximum Bacteria Colonization
Sponge filters are useful for freshwater tanks like those with bettas or shrimp. They give proper filtration without a strong current.
The sponge filter absorbs waste and excess food and becomes a place where beneficial bacteria can break this waste down.
Sponge filters also help to control water movement which then prevents algae overgrowth.
Water Change Syphon
- TETRA WATER CLEANER: Gravel siphon used to easily clean aquariums.
- COMPATIBLE AQUARIUM SIZE: For aquariums up to 55 gallons.
- MAKES MONTHLY WATER CHANGES EASY: It only takes 30 minutes to replace 30% of water every 30 days.
Regular water changes are a key part of aquarium maintenance. Water changes keep your fish healthy and prevent algae overgrowth. To keep this process easy and clean, use a siphon.
Siphons help to remove waste and extra food from your substrate to keep your tank healthy. This siphon can be used on aquariums up to 55 gallons and reduces the amount of time needed for water changes. It comes with everything you need to make your aquarium spotless.
- 5 in 1 Aquascaping tools
- Premium Quality and Minimizing interference
- Service warranty
Aquascaping tools are used by lots of aquarists. They are great for trimming plants, smoothing out gravel near caves and other aquarium decorations, or putting plants into gravel. These tools can also be used to remove algae, feed live food, and more.
They’re a simple inexpensive gift that any aquarium lover will appreciate.
- Decorative Aquascaping Rock Kits
- High-quality Aquarium Landscape Rocks, Stones
- Attractive Aquarium Stones
- High-end Rocks For Aquariums
Would your aquarium lover appreciate rocks as a gift? Definitely. Seiryu stones can be used to create beautiful water landscapes!
They can even use them to build caves for their fish. This gift is simple but one that will definitely be put to good use.
- Step-by-step instructions on setting up your tank
- Different styling suggestions that best suit your landscape
- How to pick plants, rocks, driftwood, substrate, and aquatic life
- Understanding the chemistry and biology involved in keeping a healthy aquarium
- Maintenance and upkeep
If you’re looking for a fun gift to give an aquarium lover, this is a good choice. This book, written by Youtuber and innovative aquascaper George Farmer, is a great book for any aquarist planning to get into aquascaping.
- All in one micro-nutrient, iron enriched formula
- Prevents mineral deficiencies and promotes disease resistance
- Enriched with iron and fortified with an effective source of Vitamin B
- 8.4-ounce bottle
Supply Refills are always a good gift option for any aquarist. There are lots of supplies that aquarists use regularly like plant fertilizers or test kits, making them great gift options!
- Moss Ball traps phosphate, nitrite and nitrate
- Easy and effective deodorizer for aquatic turtle terrariums
- Special absorption resin reduces organic matter accumulation
- Effectively creates ideal conditions for animals and plants for up to 2 months
- Treats 10-20-gallon (30-60 L) terrariums/aqua-terrariums
Moss balls make a great present for someone with a freshwater tank. They are both beautiful and help to clean the aquarium water just like other live aquatic plants. They trap phosphate and nitrates to reduce odors and contaminants in the aquarium water.
If your aquarium-lover is looking to add some plants to their tank, moss balls are a great inexpensive option.